Thanks for being an Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Medicare member. For 2023, you have more of the benefits that matter, and that helps you keep more cash in your pocket. We want to help you make the most of the benefits and extras that are a part of your plan. Let’s get started!
Benefits included in all Medicare Advantage plans:
- Preventive dental with no copay for routine care such as cleanings, X-rays, and oral exams
- Comprehensive dental with a $1,000 annual allowance for care like crowns, root canals, fillings, and extractions
See the Dental HighlightsOpen a PDF for details.
To use your dental benefits, schedule an appointment with an in-network dentist or Find a Dentist near you.
- Annual eyewear allowance of at least $120 towards contact lenses and eyeglasses (frames & lenses)
To use your vision benefits, schedule an appointment with any licensed provider or Find a Provider near you.
Over-the-Counter (OTC) benefit of at least $120/year
- At least $30/quarter ($120/year) for common items such as aspirin, vitamins, cold and cough medications, bandages, and more
See the OTC HighlightsOpen a PDF for details. You’ll receive a catalog of covered items by mail.
To use your OTC benefits, choose one of the following ordering methods:
$0 preventive care
- Health screenings, including mammograms, colorectal cancer screening, bone density tests, and more
- $0 preventive vaccines (on most plans)
$0 and low-cost Tier 1 generic drugs
- $0 and low-cost Tier 1 generic drugs on all Medicare Advantage prescription drug plans
To learn more about your prescription drug benefits, choose from the following options:
Some plans also have:
Mom’s Meals® delivery service
- 2 home-delivered meals per day for 7 days after an observation, inpatient, or skilled nursing stay
See the Mom’s Meals Highlights for details.
$500 Flex Card (for eligible PPO plans)
- $500 for use on dental, hearing and vision expenses not already covered
See the PPO Highlights for details.
To use your Flex Card benefit, simply pay for expenses with the card that was mailed to you. The full $500 balance will be loaded on the card and ready to use on your plan start date. To check your balance, log in to your member account or call 1-833-655-1780 (TTY 711).
Tip: Use your plan benefits first and then use your Flex Card to pick up any remaining balance. If you forget your card, you can submit a claim and get reimbursed with your Flex Card balance.
We’re here to help:
Find the care you need
Check to see if your provider participates with your plan:
Additional ways to get help:
- Try telehealth for care by telephone, email, or chat
- Call our 24/7 Nurse Line for quick answers to medical questions
Remember to complete the Authorization Release Form on the Caregiver Support page so we can share protected health information (PHI) with a spouse, child, or caregiver. You can also submit this form online.
Not sure what your plan covers?
Log in to your member account to view your benefits and coverage, member card, claims, and more.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is an HMO plan and PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Excellus BlueCross BlueShield depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_9775_C.
This page last updated 10-01-2023.