Page Title, Social Icons for page template
GLO-MBR-MDM Pain Management content
Pain is an uncomfortable feeling that comes from injury, disease or damage to your body. Pain is sometimes a nuisance, or it may be a signal that something is wrong. If you are currently suffering in pain, talk to a doctor, nurse or other health care professional, so that you can be prescribed treatment or medicine to help relieve your pain.
For further information on helping yourself manage pain, how to control your pain, and your rights and responsibilities regarding pain relief please read more.
Some helpful tools and resources for pain management include:
- Comprehensive Pain Management Booklet for Consumers
- Questions for you to Answer About Your Pain Prior to Visiting Your Physician
- Myths and Truths About Pain
- Additional Pain Management Resources (includes links, printable booklets and other self-help tools)
GLO-EXC-MBR-MDM-INP-Advance Care Planning Links content
- Advance Care Planning Booklet (Includes NYS Health Care Proxy and Living Will) available in EnglishOpen a PDF or SpanishOpen a PDF
- NYS Health Care Proxy and Living Will
- Other State-specific Advance Directive Forms
- Community Conversations on Compassionate Care (CCCC) Video: Five Easy Steps
- Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST)
- MOLST Video: "Writing Your Final Chapter: Know your Choices…Share Your Wishes"
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) vs. Do Not Resuscitate (DNR)
- Feeding Tubes
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Compassion And Support Video Library
- CompassionAndSupport.org in Spanish
- Resource Directory
- Educational Community Events
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield contracts with the Federal Government and is an HMO plan and PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Excellus BlueCross BlueShield depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_5994_C.
This page last updated 10-01-2019.