Even if you're a family member, your loved one will first need to give us permission for you to access their health plan information to make decisions on their behalf.
While caregiving can be a rewarding experience, it often presents challenges. As a caregiver, you're likely to face physical and emotional difficulties along the way. These resources can help you provide quality care to your loved one, while reducing your own worry and strain.
Caregiver Access to Health Plan Information
Managing your loved one's care
Find a Doctor
Find a Doctor and Estimate Medical Costs
We offer tools to help locate participating providers, connect with care, and make informed health decisions.
- Find a Doctor, Provider, or Facility
- Telehealth and Telemedicine help connect you to care via telephone, email, or video chat
- Estimate Medical Costs to help plan for common treatments and procedures
Care Management with Wellframe®
We’re here to help manage your loved one’s health by providing personalized support and guidance. By partnering with Wellframe, eligible members can receive support and care at no additional cost.
- Access a care management team, including registered dieticians, nurses, social workers and health advocates, to get answers you need and reach your health goals
- Directly connect and text with an Excellus BCBS care manager for guidance and answers
Note: To register for Wellframe, you will need to enter an access code and Excellus BCBS member ID when prompted.
Advance Care Planning
Advance Care Planning is a process for planning for future medical care in case you are unable to make your own decisions.
- All adults 18 and older should have a conversation with loved ones and complete a Health Care Proxy.
- Individuals with advanced illness, including advanced frailty, should talk with a trusted physician, NP or PA to complete a MOLST, a set of medical orders that must be followed in all settings.
We all need occasional help. These resources offer services and support for Caregivers, and our Care Managers can also help connect you with resources when you need them.
Free and easy-to-use tool that helps identify eligibility for public assistance programs, such as help paying for food, utilities, medication, and more.
NYS Office for the Aging
Community-based programs and other supportive services to help older New Yorkers.
Information and Assistance on available long term services and support options for all ages.
Access your local chapter for education programs, support groups, social activities, and more.
Centers for Independent Living
Search a directory of local independent living centers and associations.
National Alliance on Mental Illness
Connect with services and resources for individuals living with mental illness.
Caregiver Support Articles
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is an HMO plan and PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Excellus BlueCross BlueShield depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_9775_C.
This page last updated 10-01-2023.