Even if you're a family member, your loved one will first need to give us permission for you to access their health plan information to make decisions on their behalf.
While caregiving can be a rewarding experience, it often presents challenges. As a caregiver, you're likely to face physical and emotional difficulties along the way. These resources can help you provide quality care to your loved one, while reducing your own worry and strain.
Caregiver Access to Health Plan Information
Managing your loved one's care
Find a Doctor
Find a Doctor and Estimate Medical Costs
We offer tools to help locate participating providers, connect with care, and make informed health decisions.
- Find a Doctor, Provider, or Facility
- Telehealth and Telemedicine help connect you to care via telephone, email, or video chat
- Estimate Medical Costs to help plan for common treatments and procedures
- Access experienced healthcare professionals such as registered nurses, registered dietitians, behavioral health specialists, respiratory therapists, social workers, and more.
- We've partnered with Wellframe® to provide a free mobile app you can use to text with a dedicated Excellus BCBS care manager for guidance and answers
Note: You will need the member's name, subscriber ID, and date of birth
Advance Care Planning
Advance Care Planning is a process for planning for future medical care in case you are unable to make your own decisions.
- All adults 18 and older should have a conversation with loved ones and complete a Health Care Proxy.
- Individuals with advanced illness, including advanced frailty, should talk with a trusted physician, NP or PA to complete a MOLST, a set of medical orders that must be followed in all settings.
We all need occasional help. These resources offer services and support for Caregivers, and our Care Managers can also help connect you with resources when you need them.
Caregiver Support Articles
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is an HMO plan and PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Excellus BlueCross BlueShield depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_8094_C.
This page last updated 10-01-2021.