Page Title, Social Icons for page template
Case Management Program
EXC-MBR-MDM Case Management Program page content
Our Care Management program provides a mix of benefit management and individual care planning to members diagnosed with a complex medical illness. Our skilled case manager will work with you and your health care team to develop short and long-term goals to help you maintain your quality of life-or, in some cases, make it better. Follow this link to learn about our Program for Children with Serious Illnesses.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have an active health care policy administered by us
- Agree to participate in our Care Management program
- Have a need that requires guidance, counsel and access to information for chronic and complex conditions including determining available member benefits and resources
- Personalized care and coordination of services provided by a nurse case manager
- Development of a care plan that addresses both your and your physician's health care goals
- Assistance with benefit information to you and your health care team
- Help obtaining referrals to community resources
- Ability to be a liaison between you and your health care team
Care Management can:
- Emphasize the importance of maintaining regular contact with your physician's office
- Inform you about valuable community resources that can help with management of your illness
- Offer tips on how to follow the treatment plan developed by your physician
For information regarding Behavioral Health Care Management services in all regions
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield contracts with the Federal Government and is an HMO plan and PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Excellus BlueCross BlueShield depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_5994_C.
This page last updated 10-01-2019.