Over-The-Counter (OTC) Benefit
As a Medicare Advantage member, you may have an over-the-counter (OTC) benefit of one $30 purchase every quarter* to get the products you need conveniently delivered right to your door. Using your OTC benefit you can shop for a wide range of items including vitamins, allergy care, and first aid products. Simply order online, by mail, or by phone
Easy, Fast & Secure
After January 1, 2021, check out what your OTC benefit website offers** to you through many convenient features.
- Browse all the OTC products that are available to you.
- Monitor your balance while you shop; making it easier to use the full $30/ quarter benefit.
- Track your current orders waiting to be delivered, and view orders made in the past.
The benefit is available for Medicare Advantage Direct Pay members in the following plans:
- Medicare BlueClassic (PPO)
- Medicare BlueSecure (PPO)
- Medicare BlueEnhanced (PPO)
- Medicare BlueEssential (PPO)
- Medicare BluePlus (PPO)
- Medicare BlueBasic (PPO)
* You’re eligible to receive a $30 allowance each quarter of the plan year. Your allowance amounts will reset every January, April, July, and October. Unused dollars will not roll over from one quarter to the next. If you remain a member from January through December of the same plan year, your quarterly allowances received will total $120. Over-the-counter supplies can only be ordered from the OTC Fulfillment Center.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is an HMO plan and PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Excellus BlueCross BlueShield depends on contract renewal. Submit a complaint about your Medicare plan at www.Medicare.gov or learn about filing a complaint by contacting the Medicare Ombudsman. Y0028_7465_C.
This page last updated 10-01-2020.